Why Dont You Sell Your Hotel Booking?
Do you have a non-refundable hotel reservation booked, that you can no longer use and would like to find a way of clawing back some of your currently wasted cash? Well, checkinstays.com may be the solution to your problem…
Many people book hotels as non-refundable bookings, because they are the cheapest options on offer at the time of booking. The more flexible options are often significantly more expensive and who really books a hotel and thinks they are likely to not use the booking? Well, you might be surprised to know that up to 20% of hotel bookings are actually not used! Life is complicated and peoples plans change more often than you might realise.
But don’t despair if your booking is not refundable, we have listed below a few options on ways to cancel your hotel room and get a refund.
If your reservation is non-refundable, you still have options
If you have a travel insurance, you may be able to claim the cost back through your policy. Your insurer will have specific policies regards the potential to claim, so read the policy wording and see if your circumstances fit their criteria.
Some hotel chains will allow you to transfer the date of the booking. So, if you cannot use the reservation you currently have, it may be possible to contact the hotel directly and see if they will transfer the reservation to more convenient dates.
Alternatively, you could contact the hotel directly, explain your situation and ask whether they might be able to give you a voucher or credit, to use in the future. This isn’t a common practice, but some hotels offer more flexibility than others.
You may have a friend or family member you can ‘donate’ the reservation to, rather than let it go to waste?
Write the off money you spent on the reservation and let it go to waste.
Sell your reservation to someone else on checkinstays.com and get some of your money back! Our easy to use reservation exchange platform might be the most suitable option available.
Many people are unaware that they are within their right to reuse their non-refundable bookings, such as hotel rooms, by selling the booking on to someone else, so we want to give people the tools to turn their losses into gains.
It’s important that people are treated fairly and understand their rights when it comes to travel bookings, so we see ourselves as an enabler that allows consumers to get the most out of non-refundable purchases and allows buyers to purchase secondary bookings at face value or less and instantly. It really is a win-win for all.
checkinstays.com is a secure marketplace, that connects sellers and buyers, making travel easier and more affordable for everyone.
Follow these easy steps to sell your hotel room on checkinstays.com:
- Visit the Sell Your Reservation section of checkinstays.com (if you haven’t done so before, you’ll need to create an account, but this doesn’t take long)
- Fill in the required information for your reservation, making sure you set a realistic price and list your reservation on the checkinstays.com site.
- You’ll be required to provide proof of purchase documentation for the reservation, so our team can confirm the booking validity, but your details will not be passed onto the purchaser or third parties.
- There are even easy to use buttons on the platform to help you easily share your listing on your social media channels – we will promote the listings through our socials too!
- You will receive email when another user purchases your hotel room. checkinstays.com handle all of the administration, so its hassle free for you.
- We then make your received funds for the reservation sale, available to transfer from your checkinstays.com account, 4 days after the reservation end date – just so there are no issues with the reservation for the purchaser – which you can then transfer out to your own bank account.
It really is that simple, so why not give it a try today?
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org